The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts offers a diverse selection of educational programs that help students explore math, science, reading, and more through the arts.
62nd Young Arkansas Artists Exhibition
Get excited for this year's exhibition by exploring last year's winning artworks.
A visit to the Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts is not just another field trip. It is an opportunity for students to experience the creative ways artists tell their stories, express their emotions, and deal with the challenges of life.
Field trips will provide wonder and encourage curiosity as your students explore the Museum, enjoy imaginative performances in the Children’s Theater, and view the inspiring artwork in the galleries.
AMFA school tours take students on an adventure through the Museum to behold the innovative architecture and discover the incredible artwork on view.
School tours are available Tuesday through Friday at 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. and must be reserved in advance.
School Tours are supported by the Alice L. Walton Foundation.
AMFA is pleased to provide educators with resources and activities that help K-12 students explore their imagination and creativity through art.
Explore the Gallery
Check out our free downloadable creative writing prompts, color book pages, art-focused games, and more that introduce the AMFA Foundation Collection in fun and engaging ways.
Educator Resources are supported by the Alice L. Walton Foundation.
Teen Advisory Board
The Teen Advisory Board at AMFA offers an opportunity for creative and motivated high school students to play a pivotal role in developing teen programming, providing cross-generational mentorship, and contributing to the vibrant arts community in Central Arkansas.
AMFA is now accepting applications for the 2024-2025 Teen Advisory Board! The deadline to apply is March 29, 2024. APPLY NOW
Teen Advisory Board 2023-2024
- Addison R., Freshman
- Amy O., Junior
- Anthony W., Junior
- August A., Freshman
- Avery R., Senior
- Blakely C., Senior
- Carma T., Senior
- Disha R., Junior
- Jackson R., Senior
- Kinsell M., Freshman
- Lucy C., Sophomore
- Mady R., Junior
- Maryn A., Senior
- Olivia R., Junior
- Rebecca R., Senior
- Saida M., Junior
- Stephanie O., Junior
- Sydney C., Senior
- Vik K., Junior
The Teen Advisory Board is supported by The Schmieding Foundation Committee and the Alice L. Walton Foundation.
Educators Advisory Board
The Educators Advisory Board provides participating educators the opportunity for professional development within the museum and local art community while working to create experiences for other educators in coordination with AMFA staff.
AMFA is now accepting applications for the 2024-2025 Educators Advisory Board! The deadline to apply is April 30, 2024. APPLY NOW
Educators Advisory Board 2023-2024
- Candace Barns, Sylvan Hills Elementary School
- Sarah Burns, Arkansas Department of Education
- Charlotte Cook, Henderson Middle School
- Kelly Emerson, Landmark Elementary School
- Anastasia Fink, Episcopal Collegiate School
- Carmen Gutierrez, Maumelle/Mills High School
- Aaron Hardin, Bryant Middle School
- Mike Harris, Arkansas Baptist College
- Sarah Higgins, Episcopal Collegiate School
- Leslie Macklin, University of Central Arkansas
- Suzanne McClinton, Pulaski Heights Elementary School
- Jessica McSpadden, Episcopal Collegiate School
- Anna Mitchell, Lisa Academy North
- Deborah Ramsey, Carver STEAM Magnet Elementary School
- Suzanne Rogers, Lisa Academy Arkansas
- Amy Schleicher, Dunbar Middle School
- Michele Snyder, Arkansas Department of Education
- Rachel Stansell, Jacksonville High School
- Jessica Taverna, Little Rock Central High School
- Matt TerAvest, Parkview High School
The Educators Advisory Board is supported by the Alice L. Walton Foundation.