The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (AMFA), located in Little Rock, AR, seeks a Facilities Associate to advance the institution during a transformative era that includes the construction of a new state-of-the-art facility.
Designed by the renowned architecture firm, Studio Gang, the new facility will include landscaped grounds, by the firm SCAPE, and will secure the Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts position as one of the top cultural institutions in the region. The new building includes expanded galleries, a new Art School, restaurant, Museum Store, theater, lecture hall, and other programming and event spaces.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities and Security, the Facilities Associate is responsible for maintaining and assisting with the overall protection and safeguarding of property, and other assets. With that responsibility will be to maintain daily tasks, requests, and track budget expenses associated with maintenance work.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintaining and repairing physical structures of building to include vacuuming, mopping, cleaning windows, and other general cleaning duties
- Maintain cleanliness of restrooms and ensuring that consumables are adequately stocked
- Monitor and maintain all roof drains, debris on the roof and debris around the footprint of the building
- Maintain a clean appearance of the common areas both interior and exterior
- Work as facilities team to complete duties including but not limited to set up of events, working with Events Team and Food Vendor meeting these responsibilities
- Maintain availability for staff and patrons alike in a customer friendly manner in accordance to Facilities Operation Standards
- Pick up, drop off and meter all USPS mail for the organization.
- Log and deliver all packages that are delivered to the building
- Act as role model; lead by personal example; encourage teamwork and cooperation; remain calm, cool, and collected under any circumstance; handle conflict and resolve issues with tact and diplomacy; use caution and discretion when faced with a crisis; avoid physical confrontation at all times; seek assistance from management; use your best judgement
- Working conditions:
- Work is performed inside and outside a property or installation, with exposure to inclement weather conditions and unpredictable crisis situations.
- Shift work is required.
- Some work may require physical activity such as lifting a minimum of 25 lbs, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- High school degree or general education degree (GED); one year or more related experience or a combination of both education and experience
- Good working knowledge of facilities services operations and recurring maintenance needs
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with staff, company and the public; to understand and follow standard operating procedures; to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance; to write necessary reports; make various log entries; good judgment decisions within proper policy or procedure
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form