The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (AMFA) seeks a Public Relations Manager to advance the institution during a transformative era that includes the grand opening of a new state-of-the-art museum building.
Designed by the renowned architecture firm, Studio Gang, the new facility includes landscaped grounds, by the firm SCAPE, and will secure the Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts position as one of the top cultural institutions in the region. The new building includes expansive galleries for the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions, an Art School, restaurant, Museum Store, theater, lecture hall, and other programming and event spaces.
Working under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Public Relations Manager is a full-time, exempt position that supports the development and execution of the strategic marketing and communication plan that allows the AMFA to achieve its business and attendance goals and raises the profile of the institution.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop creative and engaging plans and campaigns that effectively communicate AMFA’s message and build a productive relationship between the Museum and the public
- Create assets to support promotional plans, including drafting press releases, lively copy for the Museum’s member magazine, and other materials
- Assist in the execution of media programs, press conferences, and other events
- Schedule broadcast or print interviews, and other public relations activities; represent AMFA to local media via phoners, on-site tours, and formal interviews
- Assist with management of marketing department contractors as required and the management of public relations software
- Understand and leverages relevant media tracking platforms for measuring results and strategic decision making
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Museum to support all marketing and communication-related initiatives and ensure a consistent presentation of the AMFA’s brand and mission
- Contribute ideas and viewpoints on strategic plans and departmental objectives and goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business, or related discipline required
- 4+ years of related experience forming and executing public relations strategies
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences in a clear, grammatically correct, and engaging tone appropriate to a range of platforms and internal and external target audiences
- Experience assessing the return on investment, effectiveness, and performance of the communication or marketing plan using industry standard best practices
- Comfortable and experienced with public speaking; ability to clearly communicate and exchange information with colleagues, stakeholders, and others, as required
- Proficiency working across the Microsoft Office Suite
- Role may require occasional work during the evenings and weekends to support special events or press coverage
To apply, please submit a cover letter highlighting your interest, two relevant writing samples, and a detailed resume.