The Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts (AMFA), formerly the Arkansas Arts Center, located in Little Rock, AR, seeks an HVAC Technician to advance the institution during an extraordinary transformation that includes the construction of a new state-of-the-art building.
Designed by the renowned architecture firm, Studio Gang, the new facility will secure the Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts’ position as one of the top cultural institutions in the state and region. The new AMFA will feature state-of-the-art galleries, Art School, theater, lecture hall, outdoor event area, and other spaces to host programming, classes, and performances. The innovative Cultural Living Room, restaurant, store, and landscaped grounds will position the AMFA as a cultural hub for Little Rock and the region.
The HVAC Technician reports to the Director of Facilities and will be responsible for the air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs. They will be detailed oriented and skilled in cleaning, adjusting, and system repair, and will serve to advise Facilities on the selection of the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill requirements.
To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be their top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
- Assisting with customers’ queries.
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
Work is performed inside and outside a property or installation, with exposure to inclement weather conditions and unpredictable crisis situations. Shift work is required. Some work may require physical activity such as lifting a minimum of 25 lbs., stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
Work Relations and Teamwork:
Understand the relationship of the job to the work site mission and to other jobs within the work site. Using discretion, communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and staff from other departments to solve problems, improve quality, processes, and services. Identify and acts on opportunities to help and support work efforts of co-workers and staff from other departments. Work in a manner that promotes/creates a positive work environment. Help co-workers understand and implement changes within the work site.
Responsibility/Accountability and Mission Support:
Identify and develop ways to improve work processes, efficiencies, and quality. Improve job skills, knowledge, performance, and education. Attend in-service trainings and educational programs as may be directed. Solve problems or issues, works with change, willingness to work extra shifts and/or overtime as needed.
Take initiative to identify and resolve problems. Publicly support team decisions even when they might conflict with personal opinions. Demonstrate initiative and leadership in new policies and procedures. Willingly accept challenges.